Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Long time, no blog.

Okay, let's be honest.
I can either blog, or I can knit.
And they were right, this thing - this habit, this hobby... is somewhat akin to cocaine addiction, because I can't stop spending money and I can't stop doing it.
Even if my arms are hurting - I just get a project with bigger needles and less work.
I have projects for the times when I'm really mentally awake, like lace...
and projects for when I'm super tired... hats, etc.
I've got hibernating projects that I never want to see again.
I've got gifts that I feel like I'll never finish because I keep getting distracted.
And now...
I've got socks.

Oh sure, I can't actually knit a sock yet.
But. I started a mini sock tonight at my first sock class, and I'm in love.
Already.
Only... perhaps it does help that it's mini and therefore I can see my progress a lot quicker - but still... who wouldn't want to do this? It's a tiny project that doesn't weight much...
and it's a sock.

oh, sock love, you know my name.

No comments: