Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The beginning of a lifestyle change.

I've officially decided to start.

Knitting for real, that is.

Breaking out of my square modes.
After all, there are only so many scarves you can make - though I am still so in love with the Henry pattern on Knitty.
(I know, I know... wayyyy too many stitches for a lady like me.)

So, this is it... I'm putting it in writing so it's for real.
Now, we shall just have to start taking pictures of my projects.

This month is my daughter's 11th birthday and for it - or maybe Christmas, depending on how this knit goes - I am trying to knit THIS hat.

Wish me luck.

I bought the gorgeous sexified yarn tonight and can't WAIT to cast it on.

(I know, swatch! I'm working on it!)

I'm so excited about getting more into this.
Now, if only I could win the lottery so I could officially afford to make this a Real Hobby.

Couldn't I start doing a cheaper hobby?
My two favorites are cooking classes and knitting.

In my next life I'm going to take up garbage collecting.

No comments: