Monday, October 29, 2007

If I were a panda, I'd eat purple bamboo.

Ah. A few interesting events since last I wrote.
(Doesn't that sound so intelligent of me on a Monday night?)

For one thing, I finished my first hat.
But as it's so ugly that it broke my camera, we shall avoid posting pictures of it.
tee hee.

I am working on the Montego Bay scarf, which is absolutely horribly ugly on the pattern but after seeing it on a fellow yarnie, I'm in love.
As a matter of fact, I'm so in love that I'm making it for someone else, which shows you that I mean it...
I'm going to knit that beautiful object and... *gasp* give it away. Like a true yarnie.

I'm so proud of me.

I know it's still a rectangle object, but at the same time, it incorporates several very basic stitches which I have never done before...
and even though I'm keeping track of how many knit stitches I need to start the next one on by writing what I've already done down on a sheet of paper, it seems to be working, as I've outlasted my fellow yarnie, Leslie.

See what I have so far?
The sad thing is that I don't think I have enough yarn...
must. find. more.



































I heart this bamboo.

No comments: